My Transformation

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tasty Treats - Spaghetti and Meatballs

I missed the Monday Munchies by 30 minutes, so this will have to be a tasty treat (although it's definitely a meal...always starts as a dinner with leftovers for lunch...yummo)!!


1/2 c Barilla Plus thin spaghetti with lowfat meatballs - 340 calories / 8 g fat / 33 g carbs / 33 g protein

Meatballs
16 oz 96/4 extra lean ground beef
2 slices Nature's Own White Wheat bread
1 Smart Balance egg
Seasonings (I use garlic, oregano, Italian seasonings, parsley)
2 jars Classico Fire-Roasted Tomato & Garlic sauce

Barilla Plus thin spaghetti

Pour both bottles into a large pot with a tight fitting lid. Mix all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl (I rip up the bread into smaller pieces). Divide the mixture in half. Then, divide those halves in half. Do that one more time. Form the portions (you should have 8) into meatballs. Place the meatballs into the pot & cover with the lid. Heat at a 4-5 setting (medium-low) for about 30-45 minutes (you may want to cut into one to check that it's cooked thoroughly) stirring occasionally (so they don't burn to the bottom of the pot). Make the pasta about 30 minutes after you've started. Serve 1/2 c pasta with 2 meatballs and 1/2 c sauce. Mmmmm

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I think I'll add this to my rotation. <3

    ReplyDelete